- Brand: Beanilla (Packed in Vacuum Sealed packed with Beanilla label)
- Grade A / Gourmet Quality
- Length: 5.5-7 inches (14cm-17.5cm)
- Species: Vanilla Planifolia
- Origin: Madagascar
Beanilla says it all…
Very Soft and Fresh!
I ordered these to make homemade vanilla extract. I will DEFINITELY order from here again!
Outstanding vanilla beans
I had never made my own vanilla extract before I ordered from Beanilla. Their customer service is superb, and one of their representatives told me by email how to make vanilla extract when I asked, and he also explained why one might want to make his/her own vanilla extract. When you make your own, you can be 100% sure exactly what has gone into the extract, which is not always the case with some types of vanilla extract that you buy pre-made. It is also cheaper and a lot of fun to make your own.
Here is the technique for making vanilla extract spelled out in detail for anyone who has not tried it before, and I have uploaded photos demonstrating these steps:
1. Assemble kitchen scissors, good quality vodka, a clean, dark-glass jar (I save all my empty vitamin jars), a funnel, a spoon, something to label the jar, such as a self-sticking label.
2. Remove the beans from the package. Cut each bean lengthwise in half. Then cut the beans horizontally into pieces small enough to fit in the jar and easily be covered by vodka.
3. Place the bean pieces in the jar.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of vodka into the jar per every 3 beans (for 10 beans, it would be a little over 1-1/2 cup). Then tamp down the beans so that all bean parts are covered by the vodka.
5. Put the lid on the jar and label the jar with this information: what kind of vanilla bean you used, the date, the amount of vodka you used in ounces (or whatever measure you prefer), and the number of beans you used, then place the jar in a cool, dry place like a kitchen cabinet (I put mine with my spices).
6. Every week or so shake the jar.
7. After 8 weeks, the vanilla extract is ready to use.
Excellent vanilla beans.
Fantasic Vanilla Beans!
Id totally recommend these beans
got what I ordered
won’t be ordering from this company again
Fast shipping too! And, as an extra bonus, even the outside envelope smelled like vanilla! I couldn’t wait to open them and put them to use.
Excellent Madagascar Vanilla Beans
10 Madagascar Vanilla Beans