- Made with 100% Real Cheese
- Made with Organic Pasta
- Good Source of Calcium & Protein
- No Artificial Flavors, Synthetic Colors, or Preservatives.
- Cheese from cows not treated with growth hormone rBST (no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST-treated and non rBST-treated cows).
Great price, great taste
Tips to enjoy it:
– Just boil in plenty of water, the six-cup requirement is a minimum.
– Drain quickly, put the pasta back in the hot pot. The remaining heat is just right to melt the thick cheesy sauce into the macaroni. Don’t rinse the pasta in cold water, it will make it hard for the sauce to combine well.
– All the Deluxe versions are animal rennet free. Annie’s FAQ is very specific about which ones use vegetable rennet (not all do) but Amazon isn’t picking up the information. I tag the really vegetarian ones “animal rennet-free” whenever I can.
– Try blending sundried tomatoes, a fresh tomato, olive oil, garlic, pizza peppers, salt, freshly ground pepper, and a touch of balsamic vinegar into a paste. This really complements the mac and cheese and gives it a new, gourmet taste that still doesn’t take away from the “mac and cheesiness” of it.
– Tabasco Chipotle sauce makes a great addition for the adventurous. The smoky taste is tempered by the creaminess.
you’ll never eat kraft again
Much stronger cheese taste.
Not the most healthful food on the planet, but quick, easy, tasty.
Great healthy mac and cheese!
Amazon also has a very reasonable price on this to stock your pantry.
REAL MACARONI & CHEESE
Better than Kraft
This is, by far, better than Kraft Deluxe Mac n’ Cheese. The macaroni noodles, while small in the box, cook to a rather large size and the cheese packet has more than enough cheese to give it the right amount of “cheesy-ness”. I like to embellish it from time to time with some extra cheese, like Pepper Jack or Asiago, but it does not need it.
great mac & cheese!
The only downside is that it is a little dry. Not quite enough cheese sauce to make it ooey, gooey like the other stuff used to be like. I add some cheese to ramp up the gooey factor. That being the only downside for me, I love this stuff and will buy it again. Who doesn’t like easy after a long day at work, school or whatever?