- Great for creative hors d’oevres
- Packed in an all natural tomato basil sauce
- Healthy source of protein, calcium, and omega-4
- Made with all natural ingredients
- Fresh off the docks of Maine
SODIUM CONTENT IS ABOVE AVERAGE= NOT GOOD
Bar Harbor Herring, Yum!
Tastes Just Right
I hate to cook, and I’m always looking for easy foods that are nutritious, taste good, and take little time to prepare. This canned herring fits the bill, offering 7 grams of protein per serving and 1 gram of sugar. The tomato sauce gives it the added flavor; I’ve tried the same brand with peppercorns and it isn’t as flavorful, but it is passable.
I’ve had this herring in tomato sauce with roast squash and broccoli, as a sandwich, and added to garden salad. With a drink of choice, it becomes part of a good meal.