A Fair Trade coffee bean from the Gayoland region of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, now roasted to the French Roast level. The French Roast enhances the inherent earthy and chocolatey undertones, while maintaining its famously low acidity and heavy body.
- A Dark Roast Fair Trade Sumatran Coffee
- Packaged to ensure optimal freshness
- Coffee is roasted fresh immediately prior to packaging and shipping from coffee bean direct’s facility
- Coffee beans are slow-roasted to bring out a fuller, more even flavor
- Geat for personal use. Ideal for chefs and food service.
Decent coffee at a decent price
This coffee is a decent variety. Good, full flavor. I think the separate bags help keep the coffee fresh as you open just a pound as you need it. With subscription, the price is fair. Not a coffee I would rave about. There are some varieties at Costco I think are actually better, but lately they have not had much on hand. This is a decent option, conveniently and quickly delivered to your home.
Fair. Dark roast not to my taste
I love Sumatra Gayoland, but not in dark roast. If Coffee Bean Direct offered a medium roast, I’d order it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t order this brand again, and have since gone back to brands that offer a medium roast (albeit at a higher price).