Ingredients: Potato, Herring Meal, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat ( preserved with mixed tocopherols and rendered protein free), Fish Oil, dicalcium phosphate, choline chloride, calcium propionate, Yucca plant extract, Minerals (zinc, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, cobalt, selenium), Vitamins (vitamin E, riboflavin, niacin, d–pantothenic acid, thiamine, vitamin A, pyridoxine, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, vitamin D3), glucosamine
- Protein (min) 18%, Fat (min) 8%, Moisture (max) 10%, Fibre (max) 8%, Ash (max) 7.9%, Calcium (actual) 1%, Phosphorus (actual) .6%, Calcium/Phosphorus ratio 16:1.0, Digestible Energy 3600KCAL/kg
- A hypo – allergenic, well balanced diet for senior, less active dogs
- Skin, coat, or ear problems, due to food allergies
- Contains Chelated Minerals
- Maximum benefits from Glucosamine for aiding in joint health
My three year old Scottie has been fighting allergies since before his first birthday. Rx strength shampoos, topical and injected cortisone, and antihistamines, nothing seemed to bring him relief. During a vet recommended visit to an allergy specialist one of the vet techs suggested I try an elimination diet with a grain free food to rule out food allergies. I spent several weeks searching and discovered the FirstMate website. What did I have to lose? My pup was miserable. I ordered a 14.5 pound bag of Pacific Ocean Fish and after easing into a full change of diet, I threw away any foods/treats that contained grains. Taste, texture and smell seem to delight Duffy and he crunches his dinners with delight. Within two months the scratching, rubbing and licking had all but ended. We still have the occasional seasonal pollen/spore flare up, but these are easily controlled with medicated shampoo. Duffy’s coat is shiny, he is happy and healthy and best of all he can take a walk without timeout for scratching.