- Formulated for dogs requiring a lower level of energy or where weight gain may be an issue
- Irresistible formulation of brown rice, chicken meal, pearled barley, white rice, whole milo and pork meat meal
- Balanced nutrition with all the vitamins and minerals, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates that produce great coats and health
- Meets all AAFCO standards and includes Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids, and the pre- and pro-biotics needed for excellent digestive health
- A super premium canine diet at a grocery store price, this diet offers unbeatable value without sacrificing nutritional quality
Rancid and hugely overpriced
Delivery was prompt (prime), but on opening the bag the rancid smell was overwhelming. Granted it is still summer, but this bag must have been in a warehouse storage for some time.
Aside from the rancid smell, it looked as advertised, small kibble without coloring, ingredients said to be all from the US.
However, there is no justification to grossly overcharge for it.
I will not reorder for that reason. And because the heavy rancidity of this product.
My dogs love it!
I don’t know what I would’ve done without Hi-Tek! Natural food on a budget.
Great Quality for the Price
good quality, dependable delivery
DOUBLED IN PRICE WITHIN A MONTH!!!
Drastic cost increases!
As for this food itself, I do like Hi-Tek brand and have tried multiple foods. My dog likes all of them fine, and her stools are smaller, less frequent, less smelly. The fat content of this Less active formulation is 12% as opposed to the normal 16% ( Hi-tek chicken meal with sweet potato is my comparison, $47.38 for 30# on 10/6/12, $45.99 for 30# 7/7/2012). However, the protein is decreased from the normal food – this one is 21% and normal food is 32%. I believe this is a reflection in the decrease of the quality of ingredients. The first five ingredients in the Less active formulation are: Lamb meal, pearled barley, white rice, brown rice, whole milo (another grain) followed by pork meal and some vitamins. Seems to me, a smart person would just buy the regular food and add some rice! The first five ingredients of the regular formulation are: Chicken meal, sweet potato, peas, pork meal, egg followed by duck meal, salmon meal, and a bunch of fruits and vitamins.
Bottom line: love Hi-tek, kinda upset about the price changes, this food is not worth a penny over the original formulation even though you get 5# more. In this food they just cut protein sources and fruits and added more “filler” like rice.
Makes for Happy Doggies
You can’t beat the price for the quality of food. On top of that, free shipping? Awesome!