Learning Resources Smart Snacks Trail Mix & Match prompts children to match pieces, fostering texture exploration and tactile discrimination. Students can also lace together patterns to practice fine motor skills. Includes four sets each of pretzels, raisins, peanuts, crackers, and chocolate chips; five candies numbered 1-5; nylon bag; and two 16” nylon laces. Large piece (peanut) measures 2 and 1/2”. For Ages 2 and Above.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Introduces matching, counting, and patterning through hands-on activities
- Helps kids build fine motor skills as they string together tasty treats on 2 included laces
- 28-piece set includes: 4 pretzels, 4 raisins, 4 peanuts, 4 crackers, 4 chocolate chips, and 5 numbered candies, plus durable nylon bag and two 16″L nylon laces; largest piece (peanut) measures 21/2″L
- Award winner
- Part of the Smart Snacks line that provides a smarter way to play, treat-themed sets combine imaginative play with learning early basics such as color, shape, number, and letter recognition, as well as practicing communication and fine motor skills
- Ideal for ages 2+
My almost 3 year old loves this toy. She likes to copy my patterns and count the beads. My only complaint is that the colors of my set are way off. The crackers are neon orange and the pretzles are chocolate brown. My daughter doesn’t care, but it bothers me, just a little. Otherwise, great value and many hours of fun!
My 3.5 yo has had these for about a year and loves them. They are super good quality pieces, and have a little bag for storage. My only complaint is that the shoelaces do not have any stoppers at the end, and knots would have to be pretty big to keep the pieces from falling off the ends. I use one of the pretzel pieces to make a stopper, but you could also tie a large wooden bead on the end.
My grandson,who is 3,loved sorting these. It is also great for patterning. We had fun playing store with them. It is just a cute toy! The trail mix looks good enough to eat.
Fun Sorting/Lacing Toy
I love the concept of making learning fun. This Trail Mix pack is great for helping younger children sort and even learn to lace items. Fine motor skills are being taught here. Great product!
Perfect Size, Durable, Attractive
We have had these now for over a year and they still look brand new! The colors are great, the size is chunky enough for small hands, and the assortment is perfect. There is just the right number of each without being too many (and thus not too cluttering with other toys). We’ve used them to create patterns, sort, count, and just plain ol’ pretend with, too! By far one of the best purchases I have made. I also like that it is a “relatively healthy” pretend snack food, not the normal pizza/doughnut/cnadies thing.
MaribelSioux Falls, SD
We eat a lot of trail mix around here. My girls love playing with their own and making various concoctions. The string should me a little longer but that is not big enough of a problem for me to give lower stars. Great toy!
MaudeSea Isle City, NJ