Simple and delicately seasoned, this dish is a unique combination of long grain rice, toasted orzo pasta and tender pearled wheat with crunchy toasted almonds. Near East Toasted Almond Pilaf Mix is Kosher Certified
- A unique combination of long grain rice, toasted orzo pasta and tender pearled wheat with crunchy toasted almonds
- Made with 100% natural, certified kosher ingredients
- Cooks in under 30 minutes
- Contains a blend of herbs and spices to create for an authentic flavor from around the world
- Make tonight special by creating an exciting dish with your favorite Near East product. Visit our website’s Recipe section to find a simply delicious dish
Not just a side — Add stuff for a quick main dish!
While I still serve Near East rice pilafs as a side dish, I now fix them for a quick and healthy weeknight meal! For most of them, I cook as directed in my small rice cooker (Cuisinart CRC-400 4-Cup Rice Cooker). Five minutes after I hear the water starting its boil, I add a cup of cut-up cooked protein (leftover chicken, turkey, chickpeas, beans, whatever) and a cup or so of chopped veggies (fresh broccoli, carrots, onions, frozen peas). When the rice cooker light tells me the rice is done, so is everything else! (If you use a long-cooking whole grain pilaf, you will want to add these ingredients later in the rice-cooking cycle to avoid over cooking.) I guess you could also mix the meat and veggies in after cooking them separately, if you prefer. This is enough to serve three adults (unless they are really, really hungry.)
I like the Toasted Almond mix so much that I often add nuts myself to the other flavors; the crunch adds interest.
You can find recipes at the Near East website for other ideas.
AnjelicaBon Secour, AL
This has always been good stuff. For some reason I couldn’t find it anymore at my local grocers. Of course, after ordering a case from you every store in town started carrying it. That was okay – it was nice having backups as this rice goes with everything!