Whey (Sweet Dairy) is a by-product of cheese making. It may be used to replace part of the sugar in recipes plus it tenderizes baked goods. Use in sweet yeast doughs for a satiny delicate texture. Whey imparts a slightly sweet flavor, and is an excellent source of complete protein.
- Light colored, free-flowing powder resulting from drying sweet, fresh cheese whey.
- May be use to replace part of the nonfat milk in recipes.
- Great tenderizer for baked goods.
- Use in sweet yeast doughs for a satiny delicate texture.
- Expiration Dates on packaging listed in Day/Month/Year format, rather than Month/Day/Year format.
Sweet Dairy Whey the secret to great gluten free bread
Bob’s Red Mill sells another essential ingredient to perfect gluten free bread. Sweet dairy whey is essential for a successful loaf of gluten free bread — it gives the bread that bouncy, supple texture that reminds you of real bread. There isn’t much else to say about this product except, use it in your next gluten free bread recipe!