- Kosher certified
- Gluten free
- 100% natural
- FDA certified, inspected, and certified by the State of North Dakota
- No preservatives, no additives, not genetically modified
Great Product! Great Value!
Fresh and it’s a great price!
cannot beat this value
What happened to Chia seeds?
Let me say that chia seeds are awesome. They are supposedly superior to flax seeds in every way, and I find them easier to clean out of my dishes than ground flax.
So here I am on Amazon looking for more chia seeds when to my surprise the prices for chia shoot out of the roof!!!! My same 5lb bag that I bought in February 2012 for $30, are now (September 2012) $120!!!!!! All types of packages in all weights, the prices have gone way up. I also notice that many sellers are “out of stock”. What a bust…..
So now i’m going back to flax seeds. Flax seeds are what begun my health changes and I truly believe that they are just as good as chia. However given the choice I would definitely buy the chia. Just not at those insane prices….. I will be checking every couple of weeks to see what happens with the price of chia.
Flax seed vs. Chia seed. My unprofessional comparison
– extremely healthy
– extremely affordable
– whole seeds NEED to be ground for full benefits
– i found the ground flax needs just a little scrubbing to be cleaned off dishes
– supposedly superior to flax seeds in all categories
– don’t need to be gound
– cleans up is easy, just rinse
– went from extremely affordable to extremely expensive!! (compared to flax)
In conclusion Flax and Chia seeds are both amazing. Seed vs. seed though I would choose Chia.
GREAT value on flax seed
Premium Gold Whole Flax Seed
The taste is not as nutty as the brown but still good. It does grind a lot finer then the brown which is so much better because all the seeds get ground.I will buy this again.