- Pack of six, 1.69-ounce, total 10.14-ounce
- Rooibos Tea; Peppermint; Cocoa
- Organic Certified; Fair Trade Certified
- 100% Recycled, 100% Clean Energy & 100% Carbon Neutral
- Packaged in Canada
It’s considered a Rooibos, premium herbal tea. It’s Caffeine Free. The box features 3 certified organic symbols (USDA, QAI, & Canada), a Fair Trade certification symbol, & a Green Choice 100: 100% recycled, 100% clean energy, 100% carbon neutral paperboard.
It also reads:
“sustainably harvested on a fair trade certified community farm in the Cederberg Mountains of South Africa…” Taste Profile: “First: sweet and decadent taste of chocolate. After: refreshing burst of mint.” And, “contains 90% fair trade certified ingredients by dry weight”.
Good to know:
– If you like your tea to sit a bit, as i do, it’s good to remove the bag once it has released its flavor. Leaving it in can alter the taste past its prime. This “tea” tastes good both warm or cool. (I don’t drink hot or cold drinks much)
– speaking of taste, the last ingredient listed is “organic flavor” (not sure what it is, but it seems to be less than 10% of the ingredients)
– the cocoa powder, while organic, is not listed as fair trade. If it were, this would be a 10-star, 100% perfect product!! It’s possible that it’s fairly traded, but not certified, due to extraneous cost, etc.
This “tea” is delicious and has been approved by everyone in my home and any guest who has tried it!
And, if you like a tasty treat at night (like I do!), this can be a healthier, Eco-friendly option, reducing the chance that you’ll reach for a cookie! This is a yummy, healthy, treat that has become a “standard stock” item in our home!
I rely on amazon to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review helped you in the same manner! 🙂